logo

scotland’s great trails

The Kintyre Way - Campbeltown

carradale to campbeltown

Campbeltown lies by Campbeltown Loch on the Kintyre peninsula. Originally known as Kinlochkilkerran, it was renamed in the 17th century as Campbell’s Town after Archibald Campbell was granted the site in 1667. Campbeltown is known as a distinct malt whisky producing region.

Distance: 22 miles. Allow 7–10 hours. Suitable for walking, running and cycling Roadside and woodland paths, shoreline and forest roads. A long section. Shops, restaurants and accommodation in Campbeltown. Carradale to Campbeltown: Map | Kintyre Map

Lussa Loch
Lussa Loch
Lussa Loch
Lussa Loch